Re: using addon pack for base (Re: not i18ned part in b-f 2.2.15)

Taketoshi Sano <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp> writes:
[ADDON discussion clipped]
> > Using this scheme, we can use the same base tar ball for all
> > languages, with some extra language pack which consist of
> > required packages for a language.
> >
> > I think this will not affect the main C/english only system, and
> > add enhancement for some languages which needs their special packages.
>
> How do you think about this ? Having several localized base tar ball
> is not smart solution for Debian, I think. If the "official" Debian
> b-f does have the scheme to use add-on pack on the single base tar ball,
> then it will work for all localized installer, I think.

I definate want to avoid at all costs specialized bases.

I am not against some addl little hacks for i18n though.

You should coordinate with Marcin Owsiany
<porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl> about the strategy for i18n bf.
Sorry I can't really take leadership here.