Re: fixing backspace and delete

anne@ibbnet.nl writes:
 > 	The kernelpatch mentioned above changes the default keymap,
 > swapping backspace and delete

If we're going to solve the problem by changing the default keymap, I
think it SHOULD NOT be with a kernel patch.  The reason I say that is
that some people (eg. me) do not use the official kernels (I don't
want PCI support and such), and that it can be fixed by making the
boot sequence run loadkeys on an additionnal keymap, in which case
there wouldn't be any deps on a particular unofficial patch, which
would somehow break drop-in compatibility with other dists.

--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: