Re: keyboard configuration fails

Damn lists.debian's Reply-To... Please keep me in CC.

On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 11:26 AM Martin-Éric Racine
<martin-eric.racine@iki.fi> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 11:22 AM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > Martin-Éric Racine, le mer. 29 nov. 2023 01:55:23 +0200, a ecrit:

> > > Text install.
> >
> > Text install is the pure gnumach console, which doesn't support keyboard
> > layouts.
>
> Wait... the console doesn't support keyboard maps AT ALL?!  Are Hurd
> users expected to function in US keyboard on console, even after
> rebooting, and to only have access to non-US keyboards in X?

You wrote in another reply that the Mach console doesn't support
keyboard maps (thus US keyboard in text install), but the Hurd console
does (which should work after a reboot). This apparently fails, too,
since debconf data for keyboard-configuration (correct for a default
Finnish keyboard map) and what I get on the console (symbols where the
US keyboard has them) don't match.

Martin-Éric