Re: (hurd) Installable desktop environments

Narcis Garcia, le ven. 16 juin 2023 10:29:15 +0200, a ecrit:
> El 16/6/23 a les 8:26, Samuel Thibault ha escrit:
> > Narcis Garcia, le ven. 16 juin 2023 07:56:51 +0200, a ecrit:
> > > After tasksel stage (Xfce selected), and a veery loong time to retrieve
> >
> > The snapshot mirror is very slow, yes.
> >
> > > files, Debian Installer says:  "Installation step failed An
> > > installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item again
> > > from the menu, or skip it and choose something else. The failing step
> > > is: Select and install software"
> >
> > Probablyk the mirror just got a hickup during the download.
>
> Yes, I'm retrying and retrying again, and it seems to progress on files
> retrieved. Some useful alternative mirror?

No, it's the only available one.

But you can just as well *not* install the desktop task during
debian-installer, and install it later.

> > > I can't switch to different tty to analyze log files because I can't send
> > > [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F4] neither with Gtk VM interface nor a vncviewer.
> >
> > You can use the text installer, so you get into a screen session, where
> > you can use control-A space etc.
>
> Do you mean by running VM for curses interface inside a "screen" session?

No. I mean "use the text installer", i.e. select the text installer at
the boot screen. That will trigger the "screen" session.

Samuel