Root on NFS (GNU/Hurd)

Hello,

I'm interested in experimental OS, such as GNU/Hurd, but I have a persistent problem playing with it.
Hurd is not an ideal of stability and ext2 is not the best FS, so I get fatally corrupted FS after 4-5 reboots. I think running Hurd on NFS, which is hosted on Linux server with NVMe will be a solution.
Is there any way to setup Debian GNU/Hurd Root on NFS?

Is initrd a mandatory for such scenario or we can bypass everything via GRUB?

Thank you for your future answer,
Best regards,
Yaroslav Minieiev