Re: HURD install errata

Hi Everyone,

An FYI on applying HURD updates. I think this broke in November or
December or so. I was putting it off thinking it may fix itself.

> I needed to reinstall HURD today. Something got sideways and the
> machine would not update properly. Something about a libc version from
> -unreleased and a kernel version.

I'm actually hitting the problem again after a fresh install during
the updates after the install. It looks like something is sideways.
The error is:

<SNIP>
Preparing to unpack .../libc0.3_2.33-2~3_hurd-i386.deb ...
dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/libc0.3_2.33-2~3_hurd-i386.deb (--unpack):
 new libc0.3:hurd-i386 package pre-installation script subprocess
returned error exit status 1
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libc0.3_2.33-2~3_hurd-i386.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
 locales : Depends: libc-bin (> 2.33) but 2.31-13+hurd.2 is installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages
(or specify a solution).
</SNIP>

Running apt --fix-broken install says the kernel must be upgraded, but
there's no kernel available to upgrade to. See attached.

Jeff