Re: System Program

Dear Dr. Arne,

We are group of three student. We have a shourt time. So we want to start with a simple service.

Our initial idea is to develop a service as a security system to protect files that are in the server by password.

Now we want to make sure that this service is not already available in the Hurd microkernel.

Well if there are any tips or directions please send it to us.

Also if we program this service using Python.  How we can integrate it into the Hurd microkernel.

Many Thanks,
CS students

في الخميس، ٢ ديسمبر ٢٠٢١ ٧:٢٩ م Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab@web.de> كتب:
Dear Ibtisam Al Hinai,

How much time and how many people do you have to realize a service?

Starting points to get into Hurd development are at
https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/contributing.html#index1h2

larger interesting things to build can be found on
https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/community/gsoc/project_ideas.html

Best wishes,
Arne

--