Re: keyboard not responsive in QEMU Hurd image

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 4:16 PM Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 3:38 PM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
Marcin Laszewski, le mar. 23 nov. 2021 21:00:54 +0100, a ecrit:
> I see this message too and I have no syslog. Is it possible to fix it?

> > (...)
> >> Starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogdrsyslogd: could not load module
> >> 'imklog', errors: trying to load module
> >> /usr/lib/i386-gnu/rsyslog/imklog.so:
> >> /user/lib/i386-gnu/rsyslog/imklog.so:
> >> undefined symbol: klogWillRunPrePrivDrop [v.8.39.0 try
> >> http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2066 ]

It's rather harmless. IIRC somebody had a look, and it's pending fixing.

Samuel

It seems to be caused by the non-existence of /proc/kmsg . I'm guessing the Hurd does not create this proc file for some reason, but it does install and try to start rsyslogd, which relies on it.

Running

# rsyslogd

generates a similar error, suggesting to look at "rsyslog.h" or http://www.rsyslog.com/e/3000, which basically says nothing.

--