Re: Installing on extended partition

O 19/08/21 ás 17:03, Samuel Thibault escribiu:
Hello,

Parodper, le jeu. 19 août 2021 16:58:26 +0200, a ecrit:
I am trying to install the 2021 ISO on a computer with multiple OS already
installed (IDE 150GB HDD),

Note that as our FAQ says, our current IDE driver is limited to LBA28,
i.e. 128GB. It cannot access beyond that limit on the disk.

Samuel

The first problem also appears on 10GB qemu images, so I don't think that matters there. In the second problem the debian-hurd.iso partition is at ~70GB offset, so I don't think that might be the cause.

As an aside note, I was testing that second problem on QEMU, and in the emulator I didn't have to call MAKEDEV to load the image from the partition. Any idea about that?