Re: Is Broadcom BCM4401-B0 supported?

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 07:36:41PM +0000, jbranso@dismail.de wrote:

> How easy is the installer?  I'd really like to try to install it on a Thinkpad
> or some such device that might work.  Do you have a lot of filesystem corruption?
> Is it cool to be running the Hurd?

Off course it is cool to run the Hurd! ;) You should try it out, especially if
you are bored. The installer feels the same as the one for linux, so it is
rather straightforward. While I had issues with some installer images, the last
one from February worked pretty well (I only had some issues when choosing several
locales).
I have not run the system for long enough to see any file system corruption. The
file system is ext2, so you will get the typical fsck run after a hard shutdown
(I have seen X hang after some time of inactivity, and was unable to go back
to the console).

> How old is the card?  I think Broadcam is not the best wifi device, but I'm not positive...

This is an ethernet card, not a wireless card (GNU/Hurd does not have a wireless
stack yet). On linux it works with the b44 driver, but I don't know if that is
included in netdde.

Regards,
João