Re: GPT partlabel support for Mach

On 15 Jun 2020, at 18:22, наб <nabijaczleweli@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 07:01:16PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> Release archs are much more taken care of, and use dak, which keeps the
>> old arch:all packages.
> Ah! Thanks for the explanation.
>
>> The CD doesn't really have a "suite" label, it's just a pile of .debs,
> Looking at the ISO more carefully, it seems that I've been duped by the
> existence of the dists/sid/ tree when I skimmed it last night.
> This makes more sense now.
>
>>> One solution would be to always enable unreleased for hurd
>>> (or, going by the check in apt-setup/50mirror[1], all ports arches?
>> That should already be the case for all ports archs, yes.
> But only after apt-setup runs, i.e. not during strapping.
>
>> Which script?
> I was thinking /usr/share/debian-installer/scripts/debian-common[1]
> with a similar is_ports => EXTRA_SUITES+="unreleased" sexion.

No, it belongs in whatever calls debootstrap, which looks to be
base-installer's bootstrap-base.postinst. apt-setup's implementation of
is_ports_architecture probably wants to move into base-installer's
library.sh, and apt-setup can source that. Or maybe there's an even
better place for the function.

Jess