Re: GPT partlabel support for Mach

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 07:01:16PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Release archs are much more taken care of, and use dak, which keeps the
> old arch:all packages.
Ah! Thanks for the explanation.

> The CD doesn't really have a "suite" label, it's just a pile of .debs,
Looking at the ISO more carefully, it seems that I've been duped by the
existence of the dists/sid/ tree when I skimmed it last night.
This makes more sense now.

> > One solution would be to always enable unreleased for hurd
> > (or, going by the check in apt-setup/50mirror[1], all ports arches?
> That should already be the case for all ports archs, yes.
But only after apt-setup runs, i.e. not during strapping.

> Which script?
I was thinking /usr/share/debian-installer/scripts/debian-common[1]
with a similar is_ports => EXTRA_SUITES+="unreleased" sexion.

> >  a glance at the archive[2] says most of them have *something* there)
> > in the debootstrap script, similar to what I sent before.
> For the debootstrap call we'd have to fix something else in the debian
> installer.
AIUI d-i uses normal debootstrap, so this'd do it for all new installs?

наб

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debootstrap/-/blob/d4fdf923eae21d818d088efabad24107d6dd44dc/scripts/debian-common