Re: GPT partlabel support for Mach

наб, le lun. 15 juin 2020 14:39:33 +0200, a ecrit:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 12:00:28AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > The mini ISO is not really to be trusted, because it doesn't contain any
> > .deb, so there is not guarantee that it will be installable since it
> > completely depends on the state of the sid distribution.
> But it also has fewer potential conflicts between packages; .

No, that's the contrary: the set of packages included in the netinst
image is a coherent view at some point. The daily images have not been
tested so they might break, but the released images (be the actual
2-year-period release, or the snapshot I publish from times to time)
have been tested, so the base system included in it *is* installable.

The mini.iso image, however, *completely* depends on the archive state
at the time you run it. There is thus zero guarantee whether it's
installable at all or not.

> Looking at the debootstrap invocation in both mini and netinst, neither
> includes the unreleased suite in the call,

So you here mean the initial base system installation? With netinst it
shouldn't actually be needed to enable unreleased, it should be already
finding everything it needs inside the netinst iso for installing the
base system. That's the

"Checking base is installable for hurd-i386
Found all files needed for debootstrap for all binary arches"

message in debian-cd.log.

Of course, for mini.iso it's a completely different story, enabling
unreleased could be useful there, help welcome on this.

samuelk