default gatweay and auto-apt-proxy (was Re: Expired ports archive key on current-hurd-i386 image)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 8:14 pm, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
Same Linuxism at work :)

Ideally inetutils would provide a route command, but IIRC our TCP/IP
stack doesn't provide the API for routing information.

 How do I find the ip address of default route?

The really hurdish way is to use fsysopts /servers/sockets/2

Coming back to this, I think auto-apt-proxy is not finding the default gateway (it checks default gatweay and works on lxc containers) and adding Acquire::http::Proxy "http://10.0.2.2:3142";; works. It'd be nice to have auto-apt-proxy working. Should I open a bug in auto-apt-proxy or should this be some other package exposing routing information?