Re: Expired ports archive key on current-hurd-i386 image

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 6:39 pm, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
Pirate Praveen, le mar. 14 avril 2020 21:48:17 +0530, a ecrit:
I think from buster (on linux), ip is default and ifconfig is no longer
 installed as default.

Yes, and I don't think it was necessarily a good idea when the rest of
the OSes use ifconfig.

 Also it would be nicer to have inetutils-tools use /etc/alternatives
 to provide ifconfig command instead of inetutils-ifconfig, may be I
 should open a wishlist bug.

Even better, propose a patch ;)

I'm not sure if the maintainer like that on all architectures as ifconfig from net-tools output is in different format.

If the maintainer agrees with the idea, I can propose a patch.

I was looking at installing micro and found golang-github-kballard-go-shellquote was not built on hurd-i386.

When I tried to build it from source after changing golang-go build dependency to golang-any, first time it hanged, second time it failed with some permission denied error. Since I can't ssh into it yet, I can't share the logs. I have installed openssh-server on the vm but I can't ssh into vm from my host.

I'm trying to ssh 10.0.2.15

There is no route command nor iproute package is not installable. How do I find the ip address of default route? I tried ping 10.0.2.1 but it did not respond.

I will figure out the kvm networking settings and try to share the logs.

Samuel