Re: UEFI PC?

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 10:14:05PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>Steve McIntyre, le dim. 17 nov. 2019 20:36:13 +0000, a ecrit:
>>  1. adding UEFI support in debian-cd for the hurd-i386 CD
>>     build. That's easy
>
>Yes, that's now on
>https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/debian-cd/merge_requests/5
>
>>  3. Finally (the elephant in the room) - booting via UEFI is not the
>>     same as BIOS boot.
>
>gnumach uses multiboot, so it should be quite similar actually.
>
>>     to support UEFI initialisation etc.
>
>What I can think of is memory layout initialization and PCI BIOS
>support, do you think of anything else?

I'm not the expert here, but off the top of my head you'll also need
to deal with UEFI boot-time and/or runtime services, and you'll
probably need to make your initial boot binary be a PE UEFI
executable. I'm sure there's probably more - I'd look at the Linux
UEFI boot path.

There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss