Re: UEFI PC?

Thomas Schmitt, le dim. 17 nov. 2019 16:39:28 +0100, a ecrit:
> Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > That being said, it seems that the hurd-i386 variant of the Debian
> > installation CDs can't be booted on UEFI. I don't know why, it's using
> > grub, like the i386 variant.
>
> The immediate cause is the lack of an El Torito boot image for UEFI and of
> an EFI System Partition.

Ok, so the build scripts definitely are different, but I don't see any
reason why.

Mmm, actually I had tested with the amd64 debian iso image, not the
i386. The i386
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/10.2.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-10.2.0-i386-netinst.iso
has the same issue, so that must be just a small thing in the debian-cd
package which builds images differently on amd64 and i386.

Samuel