Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

On Sat, 2019-04-13 at 10:58 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Joerg Jaspert, le sam. 13 avril 2019 10:24:53 +0200, a ecrit:
> > On 15371 March 1977, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >

> Well, it's very odd that a team decision is suddenly made with a
> two-week effect without asking whether the schedule will be fine.
>
> I guess I have to explicitly confirm here that yes, I know that the
> decision _whether_ to move is not sudden. Again, I'm talking about
> the schedule here. Asking a Debian team to do something time-
> consuming within a two-week timeframe in the middle of the full
> freeze, really...
>
> I won't have the time to discuss with ftpmaster about it in the
> coming days anyway.

Samuel,

Please give up on Debian. They clearly have no interest in anything
non-linux or non-systemd, that is fully clear. Let's make a joint
effort to make a Guix release of Hurd (and kFreeBSD) happen. Or, if you
still want to continue using apt-style distributions, join Devuan.
Please, don't support the non-universal OS movement driven by Debian
people!

Thanks!