package rsyslog depends on liblognorm2 (mini.iso hardware install error)

Hello,

I have been trying to install Debian/Hurd from a USB stick with the
mini.iso file from:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/latest/hurd-i386/

However, during the "Install the base system" phase, when it hits
somewhere around ~70% complete, I get the following warning:

"Debootstrap warning
Warning: Failure while configuring base packages. This will be
re-attempted up to five times."

Followed by a

"Debootstrap warning
Warning: See the log for details"

warning message. These two messages repeat 5 times before it spits this
error out:

"Failed to install the base system
The base system nstallation into /target/ failed.
Check your /var/log/syslog or see virtual console 4 for the details."

Anyway...

The /var/log/syslog explains that the attempted installation of rsyslog
is what halted the debootstrap phase, due to a missing dependancy (liblognorm2):

"Errors were encountered while processing:
  rsyslog
 dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of rsyslog:
  rsyslog depends on liblognorm2 (>= 1.1.2): however:
   Package liblognorm2 is not installed."

I would really appreciate some help with this. I'm very sorry for
bothering you all.

--
Regards, Muto (https://muto.ca)