Re: Re: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support

Bastian Blank wrote:

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 11:35:54AM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> So Devuan almost doubles the percentage of sysvinit-core  installations.

Devuan is _not_ Debian.  They forked it, with the full knowledge that
they might have to do all the work to support their choices.  They had
the chance to not do that, contribute the proper changes back to support
their use case.  They we might have had a proper maintained sysvinit.

But instead they flip tables by even seeing systemd units or libsystemd,
which by definition does nothing in this context.  If someone comes up
with a usable systemd service to init script converter, I don't think
Debian would opt against using it to provide a service for our users.
What would they do?

Yeah well, looking at the following message, some people think that an init script converter is "madness":

https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20181020.015531.8bef4b71.en.html