Re: rsyslog: FTBFS on hurd-i386

Michael Biebl, le jeu. 07 juin 2018 13:26:26 +0200, a ecrit:
> If we are going to use PATH_MAX anyway as well for hurd,

As a side note: rsyslog is actually already using an arbitrary value in
its Load() function, so I'm not introducing a new oddity.

The problem with PATH_MAX really is that people take it as a "reasonable
size for path", which it is not meant to be, and can't be because
of its intrication with the realpath() interface, which quite a few
applications do rely on.

Could somebody on debian-hurd add the information
I have written to the PATH_MAX part of
https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/porting/guidelines.html so we
don't have to repeat this over and over?

Samuel