Re: Text install does not boot

Amos Jeffries, on mer. 05 juil. 2017 20:36:48 +1200, wrote:
> Samuel; am I correct in assuming that the Hurd installer is just an arch'
> specific build of the normal Debian installer?

Yes. So there is really nothing specific here, it's just the normal
Debian way which should be used. The report should just make it clear
that it's the Hurd version, which can give a hint why it doesn't work.

> In Debian (and most OS AFAIK) you normally dont report bugs against the
> DVD/CD as a whole "thing", but against the package it contains which you
> found to be problematic.

Yes, but here it's "the installer", and no really information about
which package is guilty for the issue (here it was far from obvious,
even for me :) )

> I have been expecting the bug reporting process to be the same for the Hurd
> images.

Yes.

> Just that the packages in the Hurd ISO may be a different sub-set of
> Debian from Linux or k'BSD etc.

It's not "different", it's really just a subset, in that some packages
are not available because not ported yet.

> and maybe with different individual version numbers at times.

For some packages it could happen but that's normally not happening.

Samuel