Re: Missing mtab

Patrick, on sam. 24 juin 2017 18:10:48 -0400, wrote:
> Now that I am booting up the installed system I am getting errors about
> /dev/hd0s1 having errors and missing mtab. I am now at a rescue shell.

A screenshot would be way better for us to understand what happens than
vague sentences :)

The missing mtab thing is probably just a warning, and the real problem
is the errors on hd0s1, which you just need to fix by running e2fsck by
hand from the rescue shell.

> P.S this is an old laptop that could have bad sectors. I was able to install
> Minix 3 and Xubuntu on it but I am not 100% confident of it.

Bad sectors are really a bad thing.  To avoid them, I'd advise to use
a rescue disk to run badblocks and then pass the result to "mke2fs -o
hurd", and then run the installer and make it use the already-formated
volumes instead of reformating them.

Samuel