Re: Debian Hurd installer fixed since 2014?

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 09:23:07AM +0100, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
> The last time that I tried Debian Hurd, I couldn't even get it installed.
> The machine that I was installing on had no network interfaces and didn't
> need mail, so I told the Debian installer not to install any networking
> stuff at all and that it had no network interfaces, un-checking all of the
> checkboxes for mail and the like.  The Debian installer dutifully hung
> partway through the install, saying that it was configuring exim.

Note that installing a mail transfer agent on an isolated system
actually makes sense. It's one way between local users to communicate,
and it's used by apt to notify you about some important changes when
you install/upgrade packages. Besides, it's a pure Debian thing,
unrelated to the Hurd.

--
Richard Braun