Re: Debian Hurd installer fixed since 2014?

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard, on Thu 01 Sep 2016 09:23:07 +0100, wrote:
> The Debian installer dutifully hung partway through the install,
> saying that it was configuring exim.

How much memory did the box have?  We do know there are still some
issues with swapping.  Installation does push a lot of data into memory
then disk, so better have enough memory to avoid swapping.  I regularly
run the installer inside kvm and 1G RAM without any issue.

> The last that I checked, which was a while ago, to work around this and
> possibly other critical Debian installer problems you yourselves were
> "installing" Debian Hurd by sharing around a developer's personal machine
> image with that developer's accounts and stuff already pre-installed.  Has
> this situation improved at all?

Memory management is being worked on and there have been various fixes,
yes.

Samuel