Re: new installation CD and preinstalled images

Adam Richards, on Tue 05 Apr 2016 22:03:42 +0100, wrote:
>     > unexpected RESEND from keyboard
>
>     Uh. So this computer is not behaving as usual. Closer investigation would
>     be needed to determine whether it's our driver which is buggy, or the
>     hardware which doesn't respect the standard PC keyboard behavior, and
>     we'd need to introduce a workaround.
>
>  I don't think it is the hurd driver or hardware.

The "unexpected RESEND from keyboard" message comes from the gnumach
keyboard driver, so something is definitely getting wrong somewhere
there.

>   If I disable the console on boot,
> and manually load it after boot - it loads fine.

Uh.

> Do you suggest a way to see what is going on?

Well, putting printfs here and there in the keyboard driver to see
what's happening, whether there are perhaps concurrent accesses to the
keyboard port (0x61 and 0x64), etc.  Not something I can describe in
a mere mail, it's mostly about experimenting, checking how the driver
behaves and what seems to be going wrong.

Samuel