Re: gnome-terminal: FTBFS on kfreebsd & hurd archs

On 15:43, Robert Millan wrote:
> I find it very strange that a terminal application needs gnome-shell.

Stranger still that it is a *build* dependency;  here's what happens
without it:

> checking whether to build the gnome-shell search provider... yes
> checking for /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.gnome.ShellSearchProvider2.xml... no
> configure: error: gnome-shell search provider requested but interface definition file not found
> make: *** [debian/stamp-autotools] Error 1
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

I can't imagine what feature of gnome-terminal this is used for.
Maybe there's some way to split these DBus definitions out into a
gnome-shell-dev package or similar, but we should find out if
gnome-shell is still needed at run-time.

I would imagine some Linux users of other desktops use gnome-terminal;
I'd check this on popcon.d.o but it is unavailable today.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org