Re: default init on non-Linux platforms

Hi!

Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org> writes:
> I don't really want to open another can of worms, but what's the opinion
> of non-Linux ports maintainers on default init?

  Hm so why was none of the ports list Cc-ed on this mail? There is
active discussion [0] between hurd and bsd people were we want to go
now.

> Or maybe I should turn it another way:
>
> If we have working OpenRC on kFreeBSD and GNU Hurd, can I do:
>
> Depends: systemd | openrc
>
> if I want to get rid of non-declarative init scripts in my daemon
> packages?

  As others have said already, sysv init is hardly going away *for*
*jessie* (if for upgrades alone). This positions seems to clearly be
supported by systemd maintainers as well (I remember particularly
discussing things along these lines with e.g. Michael Stapelberg at
Debconf).

  Christoph

[0] 52E82FAC.2070201@pyro.eu.org and followups
--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer