Re: GNU/Hurd DDE talk at FOSDEM

On 31/01/14 01:06, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On sunday afternoon, I will talk about DDE at FOSDEM.  I'm now
> wondering: what is interesting to talk about on DDE, btw?

Some things I'd like to see:

What's the status quo of driver support in the Hurd without DDE (very few linux
old 2.0 drivers...)
What DDE is / how it works
What are the benefits and drawbacks of user-space drivers vs. in-kernel drivers
(performance, security, flexibility...)
What's the current status of DDE in the Hurd
What (kind of) drivers we can get for "free" with DDE

I look forward to watching the recorded video :-)

Emilio