Re: installing a DM in the qemu image?

On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 10:50 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Thu 30 Jan 2014 10:45:31 +0100, a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 10:36 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > > On IRC pere remarked that the qemu image doesn't include a DM, and thus
> > > it boots in text mode, and was surprised by it.  The only reason why
> > > it's not installed I'm aware of that I personnally usually never use a
> > > DM, and is thus used to startx after login.
> > >
> > > Do people think we should include a DM by default, i.e. X automatically
> > > started by the qemu image?
> >
> > No, please don't until we have more Window Managers working (dbus
> > issues)
>
> Well, including a DM by default doesn't imply including non-working
> window managers.

Well go for it then with the pre-installed qemu image. Problem is still
if people use the Debian Installer and choose wrong DM/WM. Additionally,
even with e.g. WindowMaker the desktop is slow, e.g. some Web Browsers,
(optimization needed) potentially resulting in a bad user experience?

Even Wine works (patched), but response is extremely slow for some
applications.