Re: installing a DM in the qemu image?

Hello,

Svante Signell writes:

> On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 10:36 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> […]
>>
>> Do people think we should include a DM by default, i.e. X automatically
>> started by the qemu image?
>
> No, please don't until we have more Window Managers working (dbus
> issues)

I won't comment on the more technical issue raised by Svante.

I believe that, perhaps after more window managers are working, starting
a dm by default might help people just wanting to give Hurd a go to
perceive it as a kernel capable of sustaining a modern o/s, more
readily.

I think it all depends on whether the Hurd project is at a stage where
providing the 'most modern' user experience possible to the broadest
audience possible is desirable, or whether this would lead to
frustrations for potential users and/or devs.

Personally I would say wide exposure is better. Anyway, my 2 cents as an
interested lurker :-)

Best wishes,

Alex