Re: X error -- Cannot open keyboard (Not a directory)

Hello,

Please always keep the mailing list in Cc, so you optimize the chance of getting
a complete answer in a minimized time.  Otherwise, you run the risk of either
get a terse answer, or have to wait (possibly long) that I have time to provide
a lengthier answer (or simply that I come back from vacations...)

Salman Mohammadi, le Fri 10 Jan 2014 19:35:44 +0330, a écrit :
> Thank you for your pieces of advice. But after either creating the '/usr/share/
> X11/xkb/compat/default' manually or downgrading the xkb-data package (which
> both result in creating the same content in '/usr/share/X11/xkb/compat/default'
> file), I encounter a new problem. After entering the command '# startx', I just
> see a black screen.

Have you installed a window manager?

Samuel