Re: Debian GNU/Hurd 2013 released!

On 2013-05-21 19:24, Samuel Thibault wrote:
This is now published on

http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-news.en.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/news/2013-05-debian_gnu_hurd_2013.html

Please spread the news :)

Samuel

Thank you so much! I very much appreciate the hard work that has gone into this.

I've finally managed to get an old IBM netvista desktop running and I've begun to install more software.

During the install process I used DHCP to configure the network. I've subsequently modified /etc/network/interfaces to use a static IP instead but even after a reboot, the machine seems to want to use the original (DHCP-provided) IP instead of the one I've specified there. The lack of tools I'm more familiar with (ifconfig or ip) on the platform is making me feel a bit lost.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I should go read/learn to solve this?

     thanks so very in advance,
       ~c