Re: Hurd and the archive

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> (08/05/2013):
> I'm afraid I'll still not be able to explain people when they ask me
> why hurd-i386 is not in testing, except vague reasons.

For the record, and speaking only for myself, I'd love to see a proper
architecture qualification process, rather than Neil's “approach” to
saying “no” to Hurd based on a few hardware considerations.

Now, I think everyone having actually worked on the release would
enjoy (and probably deserve) a few days/weeks of rest before resuming
release duties, which include:
 - handling transitions (and fun has already begun),
 - preparing r1 (and many packages were punted with r0 approaching),
 - thinking about longer term things, like arch. qual., release goals,
   etc.

Hopefully we'll manage to handle arch. qual. earlier than during
wheezy's release cycle. But please allow the release team to lean back
a few moments.

Mraw,
KiBi.