Re: Unofficial GNU/Hurd release in connection to Debian/Wheezy?

Alle venerdì 5 ottobre 2012, Svante Signell ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 15:13 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > Alle venerdì 5 ottobre 2012, Svante Signell ha scritto:

> earlier means: now or some (long) time ago?
>
> >  since you apparently

> > > Good idea, maybe you might do that, you are the bug submitter.
> >
> > ... that's why above I wrote "which I did earlier".
>
> So you have submitted to upstream already?

Did you check upstream? It looks not.

> > > Regarding debian-ports I'm
> > > interested in what the percentage would be when all bugs having
> > > patches are applied, because the working packages triggers new
> > > build problems on depending ones. (however not for premake,
> > > which is a leaf package).
> >
> > If we are in the main archive, debian-ports must not be used *at
> > all*.
>
> I know that as well, but during the freeze nothing happens. And how
> long that will last we don't know.

Then:
a) help fixing RC bugs in Debian, so the release can happen earlier
b) push the patches for Hurd (build) issues *upstream*

You seem to assume everything must happen "in Debian", forgetting the
upstream side and that having a patch accepted in Debian does not mean
the job with it is done.

> > Having new libraries in debian-ports won't change a bit the
> > percentage of packages built in the main archive.
>
> Of course not. I'm interested in having more packages built,
> especially finding out problems with packages depending on the ones
> being built by patching them (and finding bugs in the patched
> packages).

To be honest, there are enough bugs and missing stuff in software
already compiled, with a good part of it has most probably never been
run by anyone...

--
Pino Toscano