Hurd logs

Thomas Schwinge, le Fri 13 Jul 2012 12:57:17 +0200, a écrit :
> > > -- and what I also notice is that the Hurd console
> > > doesn't start up automatically anymore, which might very well be related.
> > > (Didn't try starting it manually.)
> >
> > Please make sure you have xkb-data installed.  I have forgotten the
> > dependency and have not had the time to upload the fixed package yet.
>
> That fixes it -- so this seems to be an easy bug for someone to fix in
> the console's XKB support.

You mean letting the console start even without keyboard layout support?
That can be better, yes, but a warning has to go through somewhere.

Actually, more generally, we need more logging. netdde for instance,
does not log anywhere, and that makes it cumbersome to check.  We could
embed that into the translator record, but that seems ugly to me,
perhaps we should have a /var/log/translators.log ?

Samuel