Re: Architecture qualification

On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 13:23 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Montag, 4. Juni 2012, Svante Signell wrote:
> > One issue is how to encourage more people trying Hurd out, when it is
> > not in testing.
>
> I honestly don't think that's the main blocker trying out hurd. Lack of SATA,
> and USB support are the blocker, I think.

Might be so, yes.

> And probably also missing meaningful
> graphics output puts many people off.

Do you mean gnome3 and KDE4/5 here, or maybe DRM?

> Having SATA (or whatever feature) "in
> the works" is also meaningless, as hurd is "in the works" for years.

No, this time the work is based on the DDE framework, recently
successfully implemented for network drivers. Ask Samuel Thibault for
more details if interested, he is the person in charge. BTW: USB support
might also be possible within the DDE framework.