RE: lsof on Hurd

Nicholas,

You write:

> 	Thanks again for your work on lsof.
>
> 	There seems to be no support in the lsof code for the
> Hurd operating
> system. I cannot say I am surprised but it does I believe meet your
> criteria for support as it is readily available for download and
> installation as per http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/ .
>
> 	I have copied the Debian Hurd mailing list as they are
> most likely to
> be able to provide patches and advice.
>
> 	Thanks. Nicholas

Thanks for the inquiry.  I am now 8 years into retirement and
have reduced lsof work to the minimum necessary to support a
few remaining dialects, including mainstream Linux.  As a
result I'm not inclined to take on a new port.

Since the lsof sources are open software with just a few
restrictions imposed by the Purdue copyright, it would be
permissible for someone else to do the Hurd port.

Regards,

Vic