Re: Builds for hurd-i386 using debian-ports.org

On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 12:45 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Ansgar Burchardt, le Fri 20 Apr 2012 12:10:33 +0200, a écrit :
> > I do not find it acceptable for a port in the main archive to rely on
> > external packages, esp. should it eventually be released with wheezy.
>
> It is not acceptable either that patches take so long to get uploaded
> in the main archive.  Not using debian-ports would make a new port
> completely impossible. kfreebsd also did that. That's the only way to go
> forward, otherwise there is always something broken that prevents from
> actually making progress.

If the Debian maintainers were more responsive to bug reports wrt
GNU/Hurd the debian-ports archive would almost empty by now...
The problems are not only due to the porters. Currently there are 39
bugs with patches, 5 forwarded and 6 pending upload, all with severity
important in the BTS.