Re: Package building on xen- or kvm-based buildds?

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 00:16 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Fri 02 Dec 2011 00:12:45 +0100, a écrit :

> > Q2) fakeroot-sysv use IPC and semaphores. IPC is supported,
>
> ?? No it's not either.

OK, not IPC, but RPC at least? I wonder how much is really left to
implement to make GNU/Hurd a decent (basic) OS for day-to-day work. It
seems to be only half-baked. It is a wonder that 70% of the Debian
packages build :) But of course, when considering functionality, the
percentage would be even lower. What have I given myself into?

> > Q3) What is the current status of fakeroot-hurd?
>
> Half-working. One of the issues relates with pochu's patch for file exec
> name. Just try to run fakeroot-hurd and then start ./configure, bash
> gets $0 wrong.

Anybody working with fakeroot-hurd? Now we are back to the
community/contributors page I suggested recently, Thomas S.?