Re: sudo fails with setresuid(...): Operation not permitted

reassign hurd
thanks

Hi!

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:47:49 +0000, Joshua Purcell <joshua.purcell@gmail.com> wrote:
> The default sudo package for GNU Hurd does not function. This problem is
> related to setresuid(), and shows up any time sudo is called.
> As a regular user, the following message appears: setresgid() [-1, 0, -1] -> [1000, 1000, 1000]: Operation not permitted
> As root the following message appears: setresuid(ROOT_UID, ROOT_UID, ROOT_UID): Operation not permitted

Joshua, thanks for filing this.  This error sounds like a Hurd-specific
issue to me (likely in glibc/auth server).  Generally, we should avoid
configuring packages differently on GNU/Hurd than on the other Debian
architectures, which is why I'm reassigning it to the hurd package until
we have triaged this.

> Added to these messages is the warning: /etc/sudoers busy, try again later

Known locking issue.  (I'm brave enough to edit the file manually.)

> This problem is resolved by adding --disable-setresuid to debian/rules before rebuilding a new deb package.

Aha, this will help with debugging.  Thanks!  Perhaps Samuel could indeed
upload a thusly fixed package to debian-ports?

Grüße,
 Thomas