Re: Issuing "halt" locks up computer and working graphical browser (dillo)

> Nice. Never heard of dillo. Could not find a Debian package for it.
Yeah, dillo isn't available in any of the repositories. You have to
compile it from source. But its quite small, so it only takes a couple of
minutes. But remember that its not the browsing you are used to. If i were
home i'd send you a screenshot.

> Are you using qemu/kvm or real hardware?
I'm using real hardware. No use in using emulators, i want the real
experience. :) I hope to be able to use this computer for reading mail,
and (in the near future) internet browsing.
Next is to try and get some of the hardware running so i don't have to run
in legacy. Does anyone know if sata will be working with DDE? Hopefully i
can get my gigabit nic running in any case.

> Are you using qemu/kvm or real hardware? For hopefully a good shutdown,
> use syncfs --synchronous /, before shutting down with halt (not
> shutdown)
Yeah, i do that. But it still feels "wrong" to hard reset the computer
every time. And i still get fchecks occationally.

> Fine, another X window manager that works!
Fvwm2 is one of my favorite window managers. Its not beautiful, but it
does the job with honours. And always works! I can recommend it if you
haven't tried it. Not so fun to set up though, try to compile fvwm-themes
(not available in the repositories). Themes makes configuring a breeze.

/Peter

/Peter