Re: Why don't you bother to apply patches to libtool??

Svante Signell, le Sun 03 Apr 2011 21:15:18 +0200, a écrit :
> Sorry if my message sounded rude. As is happening (recently?) is that
> most bug reports (with patches) are completely ignored by Debian
> Maintainers.

It's not recent, you'll have to get used to it, and just courteously
ping maintainers from times to times.

> And that makes me very sad, we are just trying to
> Maintainers. And that makes me very sad, we are just trying to
> contribute to Debian too. Hurd is still a supported architecture, as
> decided on the ftp maintainers meeting recently.

Yes, chicken and egg problem.  But please make efforts to be nice with
maintainers, it's always a better way.

At worse we may have to end up with NMUs.

Samuel