Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 11:04 +0100, olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:24:20AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 06:41:25AM +0100, olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net
> > wrote:
>
> > > What's so bad about someone speaking up? They keep bringing this up.
> > > If nobody reacts, it's a sure sign nobody cares, and they are free
> > > to drop it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the whole
> > > point of bringing it up at all...

Do you think this is the plan? kfreebsd seems to have gained momentum
within Debian, but not Hurd.

> > First off, claiming that we got loads of newly interested
> > users/developers recently isn't a good approach, it was shot down by
> > Marco immediately.
>
> Yes, the wording wasn't ideal. Still better than no reaction at all
> IMHO.

At least some progress is made, but the patches offered to the DM-s are
generally not adopted. Additionally Samuel is working hard with updates
of libc and Hurd as well as new package namings for Mach and Hurd.

> > I think we should revisit their old list of requirements and see how
> > we do, prepare a report on that and ask them what else we should do
> > now.

Where to find that list?

> Well, do you actually intend to do that? Speaking in the hypothetical
> "should" isn't helpful...
>
> Either way, a (kinda) quick reaction was good IMHO. It doesn't preclude
> a more sophisticated argument later on...

Is anything happening here? The meeting starts on the 21st of March.