Re: Questions on /dev/{u}random on qemu

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 08:39 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 21:57 +0100, olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 09:00:26PM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> >
> > > [...] trying to ls /dev/random gives the error translator died!
> >
> > You can try to run it as an active translator, using
> >
> >    settrans -a /dev/random `showtrans /dev/random`
>
> Thanks, I will try that when I have access to the 4CPU Intel amd64 box
> running qemu-kvm. BTW: Running Hurd on that box is really fast compared
> to full SW emulation. I tried some of the xscreensaver non-GL modules
> successfully yesterday. Also, compilation is rather fast.

Looks like the problem with random-64 installed was that it was not
executable. Regarding random-egd I don't really know why it failed. The
problems appeared due to that /dev/random and /dev/random were not
created. To be added is that I am running as root using sudo.

BTW: Is there a way to create the root login, choosing sudo to do
everything as user is very cumbersome. It is much better to have a root
and an ordinary user.