Re: Unreproducible buildd error of hugin/experimental on Debian/hurd

Hello,

Andreas Metzler, le Sat 30 Oct 2010 10:02:23 +0200, a écrit :
> hugin FTBFS on hurd with this error:
> -----------------------
> mkdir build-dir
> cd build-dir && cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,defs" -DCMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,defs" -DCMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,defs" ..
> *** glibc detected *** cmake: double free or corruption (out): 0x082a9f30 ***

When marking this as Failed, I was afraid you might have a look at it,
since you had uploaded libpano13 just for the Hurd fix. I'm sorry you
have spent time to reproduce it in vain.

> I have tried reproducing this on on strauss in vain:
> [...]
> (sid)ametzler@strauss:~/HUGIN/hugin-2010.2.0+dfsg~rc2$ debian/rules configure-stamp
> [...]
> mkdir build-dir
> cd build-dir && cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,defs" -DCMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,defs" -DCMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,defs" ..
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works

Most probably because of some versions of some library. Note that the
build happened in an experimental chroot, which usually has newer lib
versions.

> I cannot do a complete build on strauss since some build-deps are
> missing (libboost-graph-dev libboost-thread-dev libpano13-dev
> freeglut3-dev) but it seems to be pretty obvious that I get complete
> different output than the buildd did (cmake versions are identical).

libpano13-dev is only in experimental, so I'd rather avoid installing it
on strauss.

> Is this a common error on hurd? Google was not helpful.

It isn't common. We need to investigate it. Thanks for having tried :)

Samuel