Re: GNU/Hurd and CloneZilla

Hello!

First, for the future, please don't send the same email to two mailing
lists independently; just use ``To: ML1, ML2''.  When someone answers,
the answer will go to both lists then, which I now had to manually
adjust.

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 11:21:44AM +0000, Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez wrote:
> My idea is create a clean Qemu disk image with, for example, 4 or 6 Gb. and
> "clone" the disk image i'm using now. I tried first with 'dd' command, but
> once the clonation is done, the new system only "see" the 1,5 Gb. that have
> the original image. Isn't able to recognices the extra space that have the
> new .img file where i duplicate it.

You apparently have resized the disk image (which dd command line did you
use exactly?), and now you have to resize the file system, too.
resize2fs is the correct tool for that.

> Searching for another solution i found a special live CD named CloneZilla.

I don't know that one.

> It
> looks like a good software for do Hard Disks clonations and copies, but all
> the attemps i made with the two Qemu images ended with errors. I think that
> CloneZilla "see" the disks like sda and sdb units, i don't know if this can
> be the cause of the errors. My question is: Do you know if CloneZilla can be
> used with a GNU/Hurd system?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly.  Perhaps you can use losetup
to associate the disk image to a Linux device, and then use CloneZilla?

Regards,
 Thomas