Re: libc0.3-xen

Hello!

There's some debian-hurd mailing list issue --
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2010/10/> is 404 Not Found; I have
not received my own message through the list, but did receive Samuel's
answer.

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 11:22:46AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Thomas Schwinge, le Thu 07 Oct 2010 10:11:07 +0200, a écrit :
> > If yes, that should probably be reflected in its documentation snippet
> > (as shown by apt-cache show), as otherwise I'd think it's like
> > i386-xen.
>
> Well, that's the same for other libc6-xen etc. packages

Oh, I now see.

> glibc packagers. I believe they dropped mentioning
> i686 just because something like Xen not being able to run on older
> hardware anyway.

Sounds resonable -- alright for me.  I'm not interested anymore in
anything below i686.

> > Also, this text says ``will be selected instead when running under Xen''
> > -- is this meant to be automatically done?
>
> It's supposed to be, we need to add support for it.
>
> > If so, then it didn't work.
>
> Yes, you need to copy it by hand. Same for libc0.3-i686, we just need to
> steal the cpuid code from the kfreebsd port of glibc.

<http://www.bddebian.com:8888/~hurd-web/open_issues/libc_variant_selection/>

Regards,
 Thomas