Re: GNU/Hurd on VirtualBox

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 08:18:20PM +0100, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> I have install Debian GNU/Hurd in Virtual Box with no problems. I had to
> make the hard drive emulate IDE rather than SATA to make it work though.
>
> --iain
>
> On Wed, 2010-05-19 at 20:52 +0000, Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez wrote:
> > Hi, folks.
> >
> > I'm downloading right now the L1 Debian GNU/Hurd installation DVD. I'm
> > wondering if GNU/Hurd can be run through Virtualbox-ose. I'm tired of Qemu,
> > it's enough slow now, with the version 0.12.3. I'd like to try others virtual
> > machines.
> >
> > Do you know any trouble for run Hurd on Virtualbox?.
> >
> > Thanks very much, in advance.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > Jose.
> >
> > --
> > http://lordofunix.eu5.org/
> >
> > Not Registered GNU/Hurd User.
> > Registered BSD User 51101.
> > Registered Linux User #213309.
> > Memories..... You are talking about memories.
> > Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.

Thanks Iain. Your reply is very useful to me. I didn't having success
installing Debian L1 GNU/Hurd on a VirtualBox-ose machine. I didn't knew
why, and now i guess it must be cos i need emulate an IDE hard disk, rather
than a SATA. I'm a total newbie with VirtualBox. I always used Qemu before.

You are very kind. Thank you very much, again.

Regards.

Jose.