Re: GNU/Hurd on VirtualBox

On 19/05/10 22:52, Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> I'm downloading right now the L1 Debian GNU/Hurd installation DVD. I'm
> wondering if GNU/Hurd can be run through Virtualbox-ose. I'm tired of Qemu,
> it's enough slow now, with the version 0.12.3. I'd like to try others virtual
> machines.
>
> Do you know any trouble for run Hurd on Virtualbox?.

It works. Problems I noticed when I used it:
- It takes a very long time to boot up compared to qemu.
- networking temporarily hangs when downloading stuff (e.g. wget or apt-get).
Connecting to the VM through ssh and downloading stuff that way works fine. I
think Samuel or somebody mentioned it could be a problem with IRQs.

Emilio